Guthook’s Hiking Guides the premier hiking trail guides for your smartphone. Whether you’re out hiking for a day, or walking the entire Appalachian or Pacific Crest Trail, these apps give you a treasure trove of information to help you on your way. Designed and built by three experienced long-distance backpackers, we know what you need to get through the long trail ahead.
Reasons that you’ll want Guthook’s Guides on your hike:
- Detailed information on most major long-distance backpacking trails, with more being added each year.
- Thousands of points of interest along the trails, ranging from water sources and campsites to views and places to visit.
- Photos for most points of interest, so you’ll know what you’re heading for.
- Virtual trail registers, where you can share notes with other hikers.
- Interactive elevation profiles, so you’ll see just how difficult the climbs are.
- Instantly updating trails and points of interest. As soon as we get info about re-routed trails or new points of interest, they’ll update on your phone.
Read what real hikers have to say:
- Anish, Unsupported AT Record Holder
- Cotton @ Appalachian Trials
- Mac @ Halfway Anywhere
- Outside Online (!)
- Walking With Wired
- Trail To Summit
- Carrot Quinn
- Seattle Backpackers Magazine
- Tramplite’s Travels
- The New Nomads
- Have a review in your blog? Let me know, and I’ll send some web traffic your way.
Links and more info:
- Get Guthook’s Guides in the App Store today!
- FAQs and Contact info.
- News about the apps and development.
- Directory of current and upcoming apps.
- Visit us on Facebook for the most up-to-date news about what we’re up to.
A little background on Guthook’s Hiking Guides
Guthook’s Hiking Guides is a collaboration between three long-distance backpackers: Tangent (PCT 1997, 2010, 2012, JMT 2012, TRT 2013), Holstein (PCT 2012, JMT 2012, TRT 2013), and Guthook (AT 2007, PCT 2010, LT 2012). We are a very small company, just the three of us, working to bring the best trail guides possible to your phone. We make the apps that we want to use, and with our experience as through-hikers, we get what you’re looking for.
Guthook’s Guides started in 2012 with the first app for the Pacific Crest Trail. The Appalachian Trail followed in 2013, and we’re constantly working on adding more trails to our repertoire. Most trail guides we produce are made in cooperation with trail maintaining organizations and guidebook writers, so that we can support the trails while keeping great local knowledge in the guides.